So you’re thinking of getting that unwanted tattoo removed, huh? Not sure what you should be asking? We’re here to help you! We’ve compiled some of our most frequently asked tattoo removal questions so you can be a prepared and knowlegeable tattoo removal patient.
- How many treatments will it take? While this is a very common question, the answer can often be hard to say. Standard laser tattoo removal can take between 8-12 treatments depending on the colors, age, and state of your tattoo. We also have our signature 4n1 tattoo removal treatment available which has been seen to remove tattoos in as little as one treatment.
- How can I help speed up the tattoo removal process? The best piece of advice we can give? Live a healthy lifestyle. Sleep at least eight hours a night, eat a balanced diet, don’t smoke, and take your vitamins. The healthier your immune system the more successful your tattoo removal will be as you give your immune system works to remove the ink from your tattoo.
- How can I avoid pain during the tattoo removal treatment? Everyone has different pain tolerance levels, luckily we’re here to make tattoo removal as pain free as possible. Delete offers a number of numbing options. Your physician will design a treatment plan that works for you. In addition to topical or local anesthetic, Delete utilizes Zimmer cooling equipment to cool the skin before, during, and immediately following treatment. That all adds up to a virtually pain free tattoo removal process!
- When will I see results? We totally understand when it comes to tattoo removal everyone is looking for instant results, while this is a major benefit to our 4n1 when it comes to traditional tattoo removal, results take a little longer to be apparent. On average it takes six weeks for the results of a single treatment to become visible, that is the amount of time your body needs to flush out the ink broken up by the laser.
- What are the risks? Will I have scars? When it comes to tattoo removal treatment options, laser tattoo removal is considered the safest and most effective option. Stubborn colors are removed with safer, painless treatments. Excess heat typically associated with other laser tattoo removal options is eliminated to protect your skin from scarring, which occurs in less than 5% of cases. During your free consultation, Delete’s highly trained, certified physicians will spot test your skin to determine the precise energy level and pulse width required to effectively and safely remove your tattoo. We are able to target multiple colors without harming your skin.
Have any other questions? Leave them for us in the comments or come in for a free consultation and ask us in person!