Facials have become very popular with diverse groups of people due to their ability to improve the look of the skin. There are many different types of facials; some of which are mild, while others are a bit more intense.
Whether you are looking for a lymphatic massage facial to reduce strain, a brightening facial to reinstate a glowing appearance, or want an anti-aging facial to combat signs of age, there is something for every need. A chemical peel is one of the best ways to cost-effectively improve the look of your skin ―and it has many benefits.
How Chemical Peels Work
A chemical peel removes the outer layers of the skin. At a session, a medical professional will clean the face thoroughly to remove all impurities.
A chemical solution with a gel-like consistency is then applied to the skin. After a specific amount of time, the skin begins to microscopically “blister,” and the top layers of skin will naturally peel off to reveal newer skin below.
Results from a chemical peel can often be seen after one treatment. However, the best results are achieved with a series of chemical peels.
You should schedule them about six to eight weeks apart to allow your skin to recover in between sessions and start with a minimum of three peels.
Types of Chemical Peel Treatments
To help various types of skin issues, there are different types of chemical peels. The strength of a peel determines the necessary recovery time. A mild peel is for those with mild pigment issues and want minimal downtime. This type of peel is best for all skin types.
With a medium-depth peel, you will notice increased collagen production and pigment reduction. A deep peel is the most intense peel, and not always appropriate for darker skin tones. Deeper peels help remove deeper scars, precancerous growths, and dry out acne.
Benefits of Chemical Peel Treatments
Chemical peels are popular and considered the first line of defense against sun damage and premature aging. Some of the benefits include:
- Smoother skin – a peel encourages exfoliation of the skin, which results in smooth-looking skin, improved texture, and revamped tone. A peel also helps your skincare products penetrate deeper, which enhances their effectiveness.
- Minimizes spots and sun damage – even a mild peel can help minimize dark spots, sun-damaged skin, hyperpigmentation, and freckles. It can also help with blotchiness and discoloration.
- Radiant complexion – a chemical peel removes older layers and stimulates the growth of healthy skin as well as new collagen. This results in a more radiant and younger-looking complexion.
- Fade wrinkles and fine lines – a series of chemical peels smooth fine lines around your eyes, forehead, and mouth. The depth of the wrinkles determines how deep and how many peels will be needed to achieve the desired results.
- Improve skin imperfections – Acne scars or other skin imperfections can be dramatically reduced. If you currently have regular acne outbreaks, a chemical peel treatment regime helps to unclog pores. This regimen will reduce your chances of having acne breakouts, or the development of blackheads.
Want Chemical Peel Treatments in Phoenix? Contact Delete – Tattoo Removal & Laser Salon Today!
Is a chemical peel the right type of treatment for your skincare needs? Make an appointment at Delete – Tattoo and Laser Salon! During your free, no-pressure consultation, a medical expert will discuss your concerns, goals, timeline, and budget.
Once the evaluation of your skin is complete, you will be given your personalized treatment recommendation. Our team of experts is here to answer your questions and help you find out how a chemical peel may be right for you!
Image Credit: Shutterstock/ hedgehog94